Oil Tank Protection Plan
Dear Valued Customer,
An annual charge of $49.00 will appear on your account statement on the renewal date of the Kerivan-Lane Tank Protection Plan. This plan is offered as an “Opt Out” program because we feel it provides exceptional value and is a win-win for most people. The high quality of our fuel, blended with an efficiency additive, allows us to offer this coverage with the utmost confidence. This is not a mandatory program but we strongly suggest that you choose our Oil Tank Protection Plan for the following reasons:
- The price of installing a new oil tank averages about $2100. This means it would take 43 years of paying for this coverage for you to lose money. The average life span of an oil tank is 22 years.
- This is a full tank protection plan with no hidden costs. Through this affordable program, Kerivan-Lane will install a new oil tank for free if and when your oil tank leaks. The customer is only responsible for permit fees (these vary per town) and a tank disposal fee of $350.
- If you have to replace your oil tank before it leaks, Kerivan-Lane will reduce the price of installing a new oil tank by the amount you have paid to date towards this plan.
An oil tank that is leaking, plugged, patched, dented, excessively rusted or located underground or outside the house, or is inaccessible for visual inspection before the start of the plan does not qualify to begin coverage. If you have been billed for this coverage in error or do not wish to be covered under this plan, please call us, e-mail us or write us a note immediately so that we can remove the $49.00 charge. Click here to see all terms and conditions. Once you send the payment for this plan, it is assumed that you have fully agreed with all the plan terms and conditions.
If you have any further questions, please call our office. We appreciate your business.
Christopher M. Lane
Oil Tank Protection Plan Terms and Conditions
- The Kerivan-Lane Tank Protection (“Plan”) is an “Opt Out” program available to automatic fuel oil delivery customers of Kerivan-Lane, Inc. (“Company”) who are in good credit standing and whose oil tank qualifies for coverage under the Plan.
- The Company shall install a new oil tank for free if and when the oil tank leaks due to normal wear and tear. Any oil tank leak or failure caused by any other reason is not covered under the Plan.
- New customers entering the program are subject to having a visual inspection of their oil tank before qualifying for the plan. An oil tank that is leaking, plugged, patched, dented, excessively rusted, located underground or outside the house, or is inaccessible for visual inspection does not qualify for coverage under the Plan. For any oil tank that does not qualify for the program, a refund for any payment given/charged will be made.
- The Plan does not guarantee that an oil tank will not leak or fail. The Plan does not cover expenses related to clean-up or environmental impact costs in the event of an oil tank leak or failure. The plan does not cover oil tank disposal charges and permit fees as per government rules and regulations.
- The term of the Plan is one year effective from the invoice date as stated on the relevant account statement. The term is renewed automatically every year unless terminated by either the Customer or the Company.
- Coverage under the Plan shall begin once the Company receives full payment of the relevant invoice.
- The Customer’s enrollment in the Plan is automatically terminated if the Customer no longer purchases all of their fuel oil and heating services from the Company.
- Based on the greater possibility of an oil tank leaking or failing, the Company may recommend at any time that the Customer replace their oil tank. The Company shall reduce the price of installing a new oil tank by the amount the Customer has paid to date towards the Plan. If the customer refuses to replace their oil tank then, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Customer’s enrollment in the Plan and stop further oil deliveries.
- No credit or refund shall be issued if the Plan is cancelled before the expiration date.
- The oil tank shall be subject to mandatory inspection and qualification for the Plan when the Customer chooses to opt in for the program after having opted out before.
- A Kerivan-Lane technician will make the final determination when the oil tank needs to be replaced.
- The Customer agrees to release and hold the Company harmless from all claims related to the losses, costs or damages to personal or real property arising from any oil tank leak or failure caused by any reason whatsoever.
- The Company reserves the right to revise and modify the terms and conditions and the annual charge for the Plan from time to time, and to terminate the Plan at any time.
Return to top
You may save more than $2,000
with Kerivan-Lane's Oil Tank Protection Plan. Restrictions and conditions do apply. We invite you to read all terms and conditions.
Kerivan-Lane, Inc. is proud to carry the following brands of home heating oil tanks: